NOTE: If you are sharing and publishing for the first time, please see “Share and Publish your Work for the First Time.”
Share Your Work
- Click "Share" (1).
- You can view the ePortfolio’s published version (2).
- You can share a link to the ePortfolio on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest (3).
Edit ePortfolio Thumbnail, Title, or URL
- Click “Edit Settings” (1).
- Click “Choose Thumbnail” (2).
- Upload a new image or select one from “Previous Uploads.”
Please see “Uploading Files to your ePortfolio” for more information about uploading files. Also see “Image Search"" for information about searching for and uploading images from within the Digication Library.
- You can change your ePortfolio title to anything you wish.
- As long as you haven't placed your cursor in the URL field, the URL will automatically adjust to reflect your ePortfolio title.
- URLs can contain alpha-numeric characters from the US-English keyset including hyphens, underscores, and periods.
Set ePortfolio Permissions
- Click the arrow (1).
- Select Private, Private within [your school], or Public (2).
- Private: The default new ePortfolio setting. It allows viewing only by you and your institution’s Digication Administrators.
- Private within [your school]: Allows viewing by all logged-in faculty and students at your institution. If Show in Directory is also selected, users will be able to search for and access your ePortfolio through the ePortfolio Directory.
- Public: Allows viewing by individuals outside your institution and indexing by search engines.
Share with Additional Individuals, Groups, or Courses
- Set additional permissions for individuals, groups, or courses by searching for them by name, email address, or ID number (1).
- Click on the name of the individual, group, or course you wish to add in the search results (2).
- Click the arrow (3) to show available permissions.
- Select Viewer, Editor, Publisher, or Admin (4):
- Viewer: Able to view the ePortfolio even if permissions are set to Private to Me.
- Editor: Able to add and edit content.
- Publisher: Able to add and edit content and to publish changes.
- Administrator: Able to add/edit content, publish changes, and manage ePortfolio permissions.
- Click “Remove Permission” (5) to stop sharing with the individual, group, or course.
Set Additional Sharing Settings and Save
- Set whether the ePortfolio will have password protection (1).
- Set whether the ePortfolio will appear in the school-wide directory and your user profile (2).
- When satisfied with your ePortfolio’s permission and sharing settings, click “Save” (3).
Publish your Work
- If the ePortfolio contains unpublished changes, the following notifications will appear:
- A red dot in “Share” (1).
- A message in “Share Settings” (2).
- Click “Share” (3).
- To publish the current page, click “Publish this Page” (4).
- To publish multiple pages, click the arrow (5), then “Publish Pages” (6).
- Click “All Pages” (7) to select all pages for publication
- Click individual pages (8) to select them for publication
- When finished making your selections, click “Publish” (9).