During the course of customizing your template, you will be able to utilize multiple tools, such as Prompt Modules, Instructions Sections, and Prompts, that can assist you in creating your desired pedagogical structure.
- Prompt modules allow template creators to add prompts to templates. Prompts can be used to guide template users on what to include on their page, such as “reflect on your experience”, and how to do that work, such as “use video or audio for that reflection."
Add a Prompt Module
- Click on the section to which you want to add a prompt module.
- Click “Add Content” (1).
- Select the Prompt module (2).
- Add instructions to the text area of the Prompt Builder (3).
- “Prompt Type” (4) defines the types of content acceptable for response to the prompt.
- Select “Use Preset” to use a preset prompt type.
- Select “Customize” to select a custom set of acceptable response types.
- When satisfied with the instructions and prompt type, click “Save” (5).
- The Prompt module will be added to the template or ePortfolio (6).
NOTE: When a user clicks on “Add Content” in a Prompt Module, the module created replaces the Prompt Module. Prompt instructions will still be available on the page (see screenshot below).
Edit a Prompt Module
- Click “Settings” (1).
- Expand “Prompt Builder” (2).
- Click “Edit” (3).
- Edit the module’s instructions or type as described above.
NOTE: Editing the look of a prompt module is also possible. Please see the following helpdesk articles for more information about modifying module background colors and images:
- “Customizing the Background Color or Image of Modules and Sections”
- “Customizing Module Background Color or Image”
- Instructions Sections (1) can guide template users using rich content and longer form instructions.
- These instructions can be seen throughout the editing process, but will not be shown in the published version of the page.
- They can be customized to include text, images, videos, or any other content that can be uploaded to an ePortfolio.
- Any section apart from the Header section can be set as an Instruction Section.
- To make a section an instructions section, click “Section Settings” (2).
- Expand “Section Options” (3).
- Toggle on “Turn Section into Instructions” (4).
NOTE: To edit an already-existing Instructions Section, begin by clicking “Unlock” (5).
- Prompts (1) provide guidance as short text to template users about the section or module they are editing.
- Prompts appear only during editing, not in published versions.
- To add a prompt to a section or module, click “Settings” (2).
- Expand “Section Options” (3)
- Toggle on “Enable Short Text Prompt” (4).
- Click “Edit” (5) to add or change text in the prompt window. (It will be on by default when you enable the text prompt.)
- Use the prompt window controls to change the transparency of, move, or minimize the prompt window (6).