Dear Digication Community,
We would like to share several user interface updates designed to improve Digication’s usability and accessibility.
These changes will include the following:
- Addition of copy and paste buttons to the Organizer
- Improvements to screen reader interactions throughout the Digication interface
- Minor adjustments to colors and spacing in the user interface
- Additions to keyboard functionality for copying/moving modules
Organizer copy and paste buttons
The organizer will include the following new buttons:
- A module copy button (1). Copied modules can be pasted using Command+V/Control+V.
- Section copy and paste buttons (2). Please note that “paste” will appear only after a section has been copied.
- Added ability to easily switch between ePortfolio pages with JAWS screenreader.
- Added ability to expand/collapse terms of service with NVDA screenreader.
- Added label for course drop down on People page.
- Module position and size will be announced in JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver before and after moving a module. In addition to arrow keys, the i, j, k, and l keys may be used to move module.
- Organizer mode will have copy button for modules. Copied modules can then be pasted using; Command+V/Ctrl+V at the desired location.
- Organizer mode will have copy and paste buttons for sections.
- Screenreader will announce captions on images/videos.
- Added section name/number to module button labels, making it easy to identify the section of any module.
- Added page creation progress announcement during eP creation process
- Added label for filter button on Home page.
- Modified color of links, buttons on many pages to improve the color contrast ratio.
We would like to thank everyone who has helped us identify the accessibility improvements we have implemented and continue to work towards. If you have questions or feedback, as always, we encourage you to reach out to our team at email@example.com.
Your Friends at Digication