Version: Kora Courses, April 14, 2023 or later
Permissions required: Faculty
- Faculty members can create courses.
- In systems with enterprise-level integration, courses can be set up automatically by administrators or the LMS.
- When appropriate, courses can be labeled as something other than “course” to provide users with better context.
A course can be labeled “Advising”, “Community”, “Assessment group”, or “Tenure & promotion”.
- In the dashboard's 'My Courses and Groups' section, you can search for courses by name (1).
- Click to open a course (2).
You can view current (3), archived (4), or future (5) courses.
- "Current" courses are the ones you're presently teaching.
- "Archived" courses are courses that have ended.
- "Future" courses are courses that will begin on a future date.
- Hover over “Faculty” (6) to find details about course faculty member(s).
- Hover over “Info” (7) to get more information about the course such as course name, course number, and course start and end date.
- Up to six courses will be shown here. To see additional courses, click “Show more” (8).
Create a course
- Click “Create course” (1).
- Select “Course” (2) or add a custom label (3) as you prefer.
- Enter a title for the course (4).
- Enter the course number (optional) (5).
- Enter a short course description (optional) (6).
- Select the start date (7).
- Select the end date (8).
- Click “Create” (9).