Version: Kora Courses, April 14, 2023 or later
Permissions required: Faculty
- Kora enables student to share their work with faculty members for initial feedback, eliminating the need for formal submission.
- When sharing their work for feedback, students have the flexibility to set the appropriate share settings. This ensures that they maintain control over who can access and provide feedback on their work.
- Faculty members can provide feedback on shared work using Conversations, similar to how they add feedback on submitted work.
- This feature enables interactive discussions and promotes effective communication between faculty and students, enhancing the feedback and learning experience.
Start a Conversation
- In the dashboard's "My Works" section, click on a work that has been shared with you (1).
- For more information about accessing submissions, please see the “Review submissions” section of “Grade, assess, and provide feedback on submissions.”
- Click “Conversations” (2).
- Start a Conversation about the page (3) or a selection of text (4).
NOTE: Text selection works only with text created in Digication. Text in uploaded documents cannot be selected.
- You can format your text using the formatting tools (5).
- For more information about formatting text, please see the “Rich text toolbar” section of “Add and edit text.”
Set permissions for the Conversation
- Set the permission level required to view the Conversation (6).
- Permissions are set on a per-Conversation basis. All comments within the same Conversation will follow the same permission settings.
- Conversations are only available for logged-in users.
- Click “Add” to give viewing permissions to specific people (7).
- Search for (8) and click on people to add (9).
NOTE: TTo be given permission to view a Conversation, a person must have at least “Viewer” permissions on the work.
- Remove individual permissions by clicking “Delete” (10).
- Click “Send” (11).
NOTE: Depending on their notification settings, people given viewing permissions may be notified about conversation messages in Notifications (12), email, both, or neither.