ePortfolio Permissions allow you to control who can view, edit, and publish content on your ePortfolio. You can make your ePortfolio public or limit access by institution, courses, individuals, or groups.
To access your ePortfolio Permissions, go to your ePortfolio Menu (1), those three lines at the top right of the page and then select Settings (2).
On the next screen under ePortfolio Settings, you will see an area titled Permissions. The three main Permissions settings are Private to me, Private within Your School, and Public. These settings determine who is able to view your ePortfolio.
- Private to me: Only you and your school Admins are able to view
your ePortfolio. This is the default setting for all new ePortfolios.
- Private within YourSchool: All Students and Faculty from YourSchool are able to search for your ePortfolio in the system and view it from its personalized link.
- Public: Your ePortfolio can be viewed by individuals outside of your institution. A public ePortfolio can also be indexed by search engines or viewed from its personalized URL.
If you would like to refine your Permissions further, you can click Additional Permissions (3) and search for individuals, courses, or groups to grant specific roles.
You can search for individuals in your institution by their Username or Registered Email Address.
Or you can search for a course or group by it's title or ID Number. Adding a course or group will generate individual Permission Groups for the Faculty and Students so that you may select different Roles for faculty and students as needed.
The different roles under Additional Permissions allow you to set specific types of access to individuals or groups.
- Viewer: This group or individual will be able to view your ePortfolio even if you have the General Permissions set to Private.
- Editors: Can add and edit content in Edit mode.
- Publisher: Can add and edit content as well as publish those changes to anyone that can view the ePortfolio.
- Administrator: Can add, edit and publish content as well as manage the ePortfolio Permissions.
Note: We will be enabling a password protected option for ePortfolios created in New Digication soon!