Dear Digication Community,
Today we are excited to announce that significant improvements to the accessibility of New Digication ePortfolios are now available. Digication views accessibility as a critical component to ePortfolios and all eLearning technology, no learner eager to engage and reflect should be excluded. To help minimize any barriers, the following changes have been made to the New Digication ePortfolio platform:
- Improved AIRA attributes across New Digication
- Improved keyboard navigation for the login page and New dashboard
- Updated the Publish Pages feature to make it keyboard accessible
- Fixed hidden menu items being announced when they are not available
- Added ability to bypass the old help section on the Classic dashboard
- Added ability to select and identify a Rich Text module using a screen reader and keyboard navigation
- Added ability to enable the Edit menu and utilize Edit, Settings, and Delete on a Rich Text module while using a screen reader and keyboard navigation
- Added ability for Editors, Publishers, and Admins to add alt text to uploaded images
- Added ability for Editors, Publishers, and Admins to add subtitles to uploaded videos
Along with these updates, we have also updated our public Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) to reflect the systems and tools put in place to help with accessibility. You can click here to access our help desk article on the New Digication VPAT.
These updates are tremendous improvements towards optimal accessibility with New Digication ePortfolios, however, optimal accessibility is an ever-changing goal and one that we will always strive towards.
We would like to thank everyone that has helped us identify the accessibility improvements we have implemented and continue to work towards. With your help, New Digication ePortfolios will be able to reach more learners than ever before.
Your friends at Digication