Adding Subtitles or Closed Captioning to ePortfolio Videos

Subtitles and Closed Captioning can help users who do not have the ability to process audio understand any aural elements to your ePortfolio videos. At this time, we only support VTT files for Subtitles and Closed Captioning.

After unlocking your slide, select your video and click the Settings button (1) to open the image control panel on the left side of your screen. Next, click Edit Subtitles  & Closed Captions (2).
2subtitle.jpg

On the next screen, click Add subtitles & closed captions (3) then the Upload button (4) to choose your VTT subtitle file. When you are finished, click Add (5) to finalize your selection and add the VTT file to your video.
3subtitle.jpg

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments

1 comment
  • Didn't work for me. When I clicked "Add" (the last step), nothing happened. Here is the location of my video: https://illinois.digication.com/kates-work/home-1. To find the vtt file, type "bad_reception" into the search field.

Also I would love to know why the video module shows up twice when in the Published View. How do I get rid of the second instance?

0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.