Review, adopt, or delete student-added outcomes
Version: Kora Courses, September 2023 or later
Permissions required: Faculty
- Assignments can be set up to allow students to add or create outcomes when assessing peers’ submissions.
- Please see the “Faculty and peer assessment” section of the “Create, edit, or delete assignments” article for more information about setting up assignments
Review outcomes created by students
- Select an assignment (1) and click “Review Submissions” (2).
- Click “Outcomes” (3)
- Click the current profile (4) and select a student (5).
- Move through submissions to see the selected student’s assessments.
- Please see “Grade, assess, and provide feedback on submissions” for more information about moving through submissions.
- Outcomes created by students have a purple dotted outline (6).
Adopt or delete outcomes created by students
- Select an assignment (7).
- Click “Assignment actions” (8), then click “Edit” (9).
- In the “Assessment” section, click “Add Outcome” (10).
- Hover over the outcome to be adopted or deleted and click “[font awesome “i” graphic]” (11).
- Click “Edit” (12).
- You might choose to adopt a student-added outcome at the course level for a variety of reasons, including
- Your desire to make it an official part of the submission’s assessment, to honor the submitter’s creativity and initiative.
- Its potential applicability to other students completing the assignment, or to other assignments or submissions in the course.
- Your desire to prevent its creator from changing it. Once you have adopted an outcome at the course level, the student will no longer be able to change it.
- To adopt the outcome, toggle on “Adopt at the course [tooltip: ‘course’ refers to courses and groups] level” (13)
- Click “Save” (14).
- Click “Done” (15)
- Click “Save" (16)
Once adopted at the course level, student-added outcomes can no longer be edited by the student who created them.