Version: Kora Courses, January 2024 or later
Permissions required: Faculty
- Digication Kora Courses offers new features such as prompts and templates that make it easier and faster for instructors to create and manage assignments.
- Kora features a simpler submission process for students. Assignments are clearly listed for students by the due date on their dashboard to ensure they don’t miss any deadlines. And now, publishing work (including but not limited to ePortfolio) is not required to make a submission. That’s right! Students can now submit either draft or published work in one simple step, without needing to publish or configure sharing permissions.
- Instructors can provide feedback, assess, and grade student work in one unified and easy-to-use interface. With our new LTI integration, grades are automatically sent to the grade book in your LMS.
A. Templates and prompts can now be included as part of an assignment. Prompts make it possible for instructors to scaffold the learning experience without having to create templates from scratch. Existing templates will still work as expected but you now have the ability to associate them with assignments, making it easier for students to get started.
B. The features used for creating and editing work such as ePortfolios remain the same so there is no need for additional training.
C. Due dates, resubmission dates, and late submissions can be set up easily.
D. You can grade submitted work from within Digication and automatically send grades to the Learning Management System (LMS) through Kora’s LMS integration.
E. The submission process has been improved to one simple step. Publishing work is no longer required for making a submission. It is now much easier for students.
F. Submissions can now be shared with classmates for peer feedback.
G. The submission tracking allows instructors to easily see who has submitted and who hasn't, all in one place.
- Messaging based on submission status makes sending reminders quick and easy.
H. The user interface for reviewing work is streamlined, allowing you to easily access all submissions for an assignment on one screen.
- On the same screen, you can grade submissions (1), perform outcome assessments (2), and engage in Conversations (3).
- Outcome assessments can accommodate program outcomes and course outcomes, and you can even add submission-specific outcomes while reviewing.