We're very excited to announce some forthcoming additions to the available options for course CSV imports. These additions are:
- A Jumpstart Assignment - Which creates a one-step submission assignment to make it easy for faculty within courses to get students to submit work.
- Allowing Student Signup - This option is currently available through the current course settings UI, but we wanted to make it easier for admins to have the ability to specify this in large batches where needed.
- Student Signup Password - For courses where student signup is made available, this field allows admins to create a password for students to use to gain access. This option is was previously available only through the course settings UI.
The additional options can be appended to any course import CSV through the addition of three columns (columns S, T and U in any spreadsheet software). The data input for each new field is as follows:
- Jumpstart Assignment (Column S) - A "1" or "0" indicating "Yes" or "No"
- Allow Student Signup (Column T) - A "1" or "0" indicating "Yes" or "No"
- Student Signup Password (Column U) - A password, but the field can be blank if there is none.
It is important to note that these additional fields are completely optional, and all current and future course import CSVs will still be able to upload and process successfully without them.
Shown below is an example of the new fields within the current course import CSV template for reference.
Please find attached, an updated CSV template with columns pre-created for the additional fields.
This new feature will be made available to all systems for use on Friday, June 6, 2016. It's our hope that the optional fields will help admins to better fine-tune course CSV imports according to faculty specifications and needs. Please let us know if you have any questions, thoughts or concerns by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your friends at Digication