Here's a quick guide to help admins install and configure the Blackboard Building Block for their campus to integrate with Digication. The guide is broken out into four main phases: uploading the WAR file, performing a rolling restart (if there are multiple app servers), configuring the app settings, and enabling the Digication course tool in settings. Please find the walkthrough below.
Phase 1: Uploading the WAR file
- Download the current building block (https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.digication.com/blackboard-plugin/blackboard-plugin-0.2.7.war)
- Log into Blackboard as an Admin
- Click on the “System Admin” tab
- Select “Building Blocks”
- Select “Upload Building Blocks”
- Browse for the provided WAR file and select it
- Click on “Submit”
- View permissions settings and click “Approve”
- Watch the progress bar reach 100% before moving on to configuring the apps settings.
Phase 2: Perform rolling restart on Blackboard servers if there are multiple app servers (typical)
- if you are hosting your own blackboard servers, you can perform the rolling restart.
- if Blackboard is providing managed hosting, please request them to perform am rolling restart.
Phase 3: Configuring the App Settings
- Go to System Admin > Tools & Utilities > Digication
- This brings you to “Digication Settings” where you’ll be asked to log in using your Digication Administrator username and password.
- After logging in you’ll have to enter your school’s Digication domain to confirm before pressing “Continue”.
- You should then receive two confirmations: that your school system has been created and that Blackboard Single Sign-On is now enabled.
- Configure additional options such as user ID, username, Course ID field, etc
Phase 4: Enable the Digication Course Tool for Courses
- Go to System Admin > Tools
- Find the "Digication Course Tool" and Turn Availability to "On"