Once the Blackboard Building Block has been successfully installed and configured for your school, course faculty and system admins have the ability to add Digication to their courses in a variety of ways for their students to access them. They can install them as a widget on the home screen, as a link in the sidebar, or as an option under "Tools". The following article will explain how to add these three and help determine which is the best option for your course.
Step 1: Making the Digication Tool Available for Use (Many Users Can Skip to Step 2)
Before the Digication Tool can be added anywhere within a course, you'll have to first make it available as a tool. To do this you'll need to make sure that "Edit" mode is turned on and then:
- Go to the "Course Management" menu to the left below the main course options.
- Click on "Customization" for a drop-down list.
- Select "Tool Availability" and look for "Digication" and make sure it's checked off where needed.
- Click the "Submit" button to save your changes.
Step 2: Adding Digication as a Module, Tool Link or within a Content Area
Once the tool is available for use, you have some flexibility as to how it will display within a course. The most convenient option is to add it as a tool link, which will allow for quick access to Digication with a full screen area to work from. It can also be added to a new or existing content area as well, which provides them with a link to the tool.
Adding Digication as a Tool Link *RECOMMENDED*
- From anywhere within the course, click on the "+" button at the top of the course sidebar
- Select "Tool Link" in the dropdown
- Name the tool link (either, "Digication" or whatever preferred term your students will recognize)
- For "Type" click on the dropdown and select "Digication" from the list
- Make sure "Available to Users" is selected and click on the "Submit" button
Note: Although adding Digication as a Module or as Content are options as described below, we highly recommend the above Tool Link option instead.
Adding Digication as a Module
- Go to the course Home Page.
- Click on "Add Course Module".
- From the "Add Module" screen, navigate or search for Digication.
- Click the "Add" button and you're all done!
Adding Digication as Content
Adding Digication to any content area is easy! Here are the steps.
- Navigate to the appropriate content area and click on the "Tools," button in the bar at the top.
- Select "More Tools".
- Find and click on "Digication".
- Add the appropriate title or description to accompany the content.
- Edit the name link and add any descriptive text you'd like.
- Click "Submit" when you're done.
Step 3: Setting Up Digication for Use
Once you have set up a course, you will likely want to share at least one template with your students. To do so, first click Manage Templates (1).
Select the template you wish to share with your students, then click Use This Template (2).
Click Save & Share Template (3) to finalize the process.
For detailed instructions on using Digication in the Blackboard Building Block, please see the following article: https://support.digication.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019832992-Using-Digication-in-your-LMS