Dear Digication Community,
We hope your semester is off to a great start! We are excited to announce a number of updates to existing New Digication features, which will be released on Friday, August 31, as well as issues that have been fixed as of today.
The updates include:
- An update to the Apply Styles feature which gives users the option of applying a style to Instructional Slides
- User Interface improvements for Gallery Captions
- User Interface improvements for Prompts
- Changes involving the default template, and added features on the template administration page
The Apply Styles feature has been updated to include Instructional Slides. When you select “Apply to Existing Slides”, you will have the option of including instructional slides along with regular slides, or applying to instructional slides only.
We have made some changes to Captions in order to give users more control over the look and functionality of their gallery content. In order to add or edit a caption, users will select a button accessed through the “Edit” button on the gallery module. If there is no content in the caption, we will not show the caption area at all. Additionally, we have added a toggle button that will allow viewers to hide a caption.
We are adding an edit button to Prompts, which will be located next to the Hide Prompt button. Users will be able to edit Prompts by clicking this button, or by double clicking within the prompt. This solves an issue caused by the existing click-to-edit functionality, which prevents users from clicking on hyperlinks within the prompt.
Template Management/Default Templates
The default template provided to users when creating an ePortfolio will be removed and replaced by a brand new Default/Student Template, as well as a single page “About Me” template. These templates, featuring improved layouts, are optimized for our latest features.
If you feel that your students should continue to have access to the previous default template, you will have the option of restoring it to your system; however, we recommend utilizing the new Student Template, or creating your own.
With the addition of the new default templates, we will be expanding the tools and information available on your template administration page. You will now have the option to hide Digication’s default templates, and will be able to view which courses each template has been shared with. Documentation for these new features will be available upon release
We are also pleased to inform you of some minor bug fixes and updates that have have been released:
- We have fixed an issue that was causing a scroll bar to cover up content in Rich-Text modules.
- We have fixed an issue that was preventing the context menu for tables from working properly.
- We have fixed an issue that was preventing changes to the Caption font and background color from saving.
- The default font-size for certain fonts was incorrectly displaying as zero. This has been fixed.
- When a background color is selected for the navigation menu, it will now apply to the entire menu. Previously, it applied only to the navigation buttons, leaving white space on the sides.
- A bug was fixed that prevented users from typing in hex codes in the color-picker
- A bug was fixed that prevented users from using the override menu to adjust the size of multiple lines of font if they were not all the same size.
- The Forms module now includes a Rich-Text option.
If you have questions or feedback, as always, we encourage you to reach out to our team at email@example.com.
Your friends at Digication