Dear Digication Community,
We hope your semester is going well! We would like to provide a few updates regarding recent announcements and browser compatibility, as well as a few recent bug fixes.
Apply Styles to Module Name (Delayed)
In our most recent Digication Development Update, which was sent on September 28, 2018, it was stated that the Apply Styles feature would be expanded on October 12 to include the ability to apply a style to the Module Name of new or existing modules. Unfortunately, we need to delay this update to ensure that you receive the best possible version.
At this time, we do not have a definite date for this change to the Apply Styles tool, however, an announcement will be sent as soon as it is available. In the meantime, you can continue to use the Apply Styles feature as always.
Update for Safari Users
Digication’s supported browsers are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In the past, it has been possible to access Digication using Safari, but editing ePortfolios in Safari often results in highly undesirable results, such as modules being moved and the entire layout of the page being completely unrecognizable. As a result, we have decided to prevent users from editing ePortfolios in Safari. If you attempt to access an ePortfolio in Edit mode through Safari, you will now receive the following notification:
Please note that this only applies to editing ePortfolios. If a published ePortfolio is shared with you, you can still view it in Published View with Safari.
- We have fixed a bug that prevented the existing module list from loading when using “Apply to Existing Modules.”
- We have fixed a bug that allowed line breaks to occur in the middle of hyperlinks.
- We are improving the look of subpage dropdowns in the navigation menu to differentiate from the underlying page buttons.
- We are improving the mobile view of embedded content and navigation menus.
- We have fixed a bug with the Batch Add ePortfolio tool that prevented users from creating ePortfolios from batch added templates.
- We have fixed a bug that caused text boxes to move up and down while editing
- We have removed the “Delete” option in the ePortfolio menu for those with “Editor” or “Publisher” permission in an ePortfolio.
- We have fixed a bug that resulted in extra-space when creating hyperlinks in rich-text modules.
- We now support all Google Fonts
- The process of creating an ePortfolio through a course has been updated for New Digication
If you have questions or feedback, as always, we encourage you to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your friends at Digication