Dear Digication Community,
We hope this message finds you well! We are pleased to let you know about a few upcoming features and updates, as well as recent bug-fixes.
Email Notifications for Conversations
Digication’s Conversations tool has long provided a way for users to collaborate and communicate within an ePortfolio. Currently, users must click the Conversations button to see new comments and responses. Several users have requested notifications when new comments are added, and on November 16, we will be incorporating this functionality into the Conversations tool.
When a comment is added to a Conversation, the comment creator must select which Permission level will be able to view the comment. Moving forward, this will determine which users associated with the ePortfolio will receive email notifications when a new comment is added. Please note, however, that those with Viewer permission will not receive email notifications.
In the above scenario, all users with Editor, Publisher, or Admin access to the ePortfolio would receive an email with the following format as soon as the comment was submitted:
Note: To utilize this feature, schools will need to enable it through their system settings in the New Administration area. Individual users can opt-out of receiving email notifications through their Profile settings. Full documentation for enabling and using this feature will be made available at the time of release.
New ePortfolio Creation Screen
As part of a minor change to our internal ePortfolio creation process, users will now see the following Progress screen when creating an ePortfolio:
Bug Fixes / General Updates
- We fixed a bug that was causing the Alt-Text toggle for Links to become unselected
- We have removed all mention of subscriptions in New Digication ePortfolios and Courses
- We have fixed a bug that was causing the viewer window for Word documents to automatically expand and scroll.
- We have fixed a bug that caused Conversations to be automatically archived
- In the coming days, the character limit for Course descriptions will be increased from 200 to 250 characters
- We have fixed an issue preventing Chromebook users from logging in
- We have fixed a bug that interfered with removing users from Admin groups in the New Administration area
- We have fixed a bug that prevented users from logging out of the system properly
If you have questions or feedback, as always, we encourage you to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your friends at Digication