Dear Digication Community,
We hope this message finds you well! We have some exciting news to share with you.
In 2016, we launched New Digication, updating the look and functionality of our ePortfolios in order to provide an improved user experience. New Digication has been a resounding success, with countless users expressing their appreciation for the sleek, modern interface, and we have continued to update and improve it since its initial launch.
Today we are announcing Digication Kora! Digication Kora is the new official style of Digication, which gives additional areas of the platform a look and feel that matches New Digication ePortfolios.
The following areas have been upgraded to the style of Digication Kora:
- The Dashboard
- Featured ePortfolios and ePortfolio Directory
- User Profile and User Directory
- The Login Screen
- Course Set-Up
We understand that schools will require ample preparation time to inform various stakeholders and update internal documentation when making this type of transition. With this in mind, we are giving schools the option to enable Digication Kora for their systems anytime between now and January 1, 2020. We are also happy to enable Digication Kora on a per-user basis so that Digication Admins and other early adopters can begin using the new interface before enabling it for the system as a whole.
Digication Kora will be automatically enabled for all schools on January 1st, 2020
The core functionality of the areas being updated will remain the same, so users should be able to begin using Digication Kora without any additional training; however, full documentation will be provided on Friday, October 4, and Digication will be announcing a number of webinar sessions to walk users through the new system. It will also be a topic of discussion at DigiCon 2019.
Here are a few additional details which may answer questions you have about the new interface:
- Digication Kora will be mobile friendly and will feature improved accessibility.
- There will be improved branding options for your system, with the ability to customize your dashboard with a full-size background image and logo.
- The ePortfolio directory will use an improved algorithm to sort ePortfolios based on recent activity.
- The experience of creating an ePortfolio will be improved for users without any existing ePortfolios: a custom list of templates defined by the system administrator will be presented to the users.
We are excited to begin the transition to Digication Kora and we thank you for your patience and cooperation during the process! If you are ready to begin using Digication Kora, you can request access by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be processed within 1 business day. If you would like to enable Kora for specific users, please provide their names and email addresses. Finally, if you have any questions regarding this update, we will be happy to answer them at email@example.com.
Your Friends at Digication