Version: Kora Courses, April 14, 2023 or later
Permissions required: Administrator
To ease the transition into Digication Kora, this article outlines some essential administrative tasks. It also points to important resources for students, faculty members, and administrators.
Access to Digication Kora
Access to Kora can be given in the following ways:
- The ability to create Kora courses can be given system-wide. (Please see “Enable or disable system-wide", later in this article.)
- Per-user override allows admins to enable Kora for individual accounts and determines their ability to create Kora courses. (Please see “Enable or disable for individual users,” later in this article.)
- Users can access Kora courses if they are enrolled as students or faculty members in such courses.
Enable Digication Kora and Kora settings
- Click “Administration” (1).
Enable or disable system-wide
- In "General administration," click "Settings" (2).
- Click "Optional System-Wide Features" (3).
- Click “Edit” (4).
- Specify one of the following system-wide settings for when users manually create courses:
- Use Kora when manually creating courses (5).
- Prompt user to choose Kora or classic when manually creating courses (6).
- Use classic when creating courses (7).
- Set whether to allow per-user override (8).
NOTE: Per-user override allows admins to enable Kora for individual accounts and determines their ability to create Kora courses.
- You can hide “My assignments and activities” in the dashboard (9) for all Kora users.
- Click “Save” (10).
Enable or disable for individual users
- When "Allow per-user override" is checked (see previous section), administrators can enable Kora for individual accounts and determine their ability to create Kora courses.
- Click a user, then “Edit.”.
- In "System-wide features," specify one of the following:
- Use system settings (11). (User account follows system settings.)
- Use Kora when manually creating courses (12). (Enables Kora for the account.)
- Prompt user to choose Kora or classic when manually creating courses (13). (Enables Kora for the account. Faculty will be able to choose between Classic and Kora when manually creating courses.)
- Use classic when manually creating courses (14). (Restricts account to creating Classic courses.)
- Click “Save” (15).
NOTE: Articles related to other administrative functions can be found later in “Administrator resources.”
Student, faculty, and administrator resources
- Student Overview of Digication Kora
- Faculty Overview of Digication Kora
- Turn on Kora Courses system-wide
- Turn on Kora Courses for selected users
- Working with outcomes
- Create, import, or delete outcome collections
- Working with rubrics
Upcoming Digication Kora features
For more information about upcoming Digication Kora features, please see "Features coming soon."