Dear Digication Community,
We hope this message finds you well! We have a few updates and feature releases which we are excited to bring to your attention:
- The ability to batch add New Digication Templates to a course
- A “Create from Scratch” Digication template added for all schools
- Improvement to the rendering of Bold text and line height for certain typefaces
- Improvements to the Digication Help Desk, and the addition of a separate Help Desk for Classic Digication
- An update to the Delete notification for pages, slides and modules
- New colors added to the color-picker in slide and module settings, as well as the inline style toolbar
Batch Add New Digication Templates
Digication Administrators now have a tool for quickly sharing multiple New Digication templates with a course through the new Administration tools. This feature will be available within the next few days. Please see our documentation here.
“Create from Scratch” Template
Digication is launching a New Digication Create from Scratch template for all schools on Friday, October 5. This very simple template gives end users the ability to start building an ePortfolio using just a home page with a blank slide as a starting point. Digication Administrators who prefer to create their own version of a “Create from Scratch” template are welcome to do so. Those who have created their own can hide our provided template through the Template Management tools. For assistance, please see our documentation here.
Bold Typeface & Line Height
We have recently discovered that for certain typefaces, setting the text to Bold does not produce a noticeable change. We will soon be implementing a fix for this; however, this means that previously bolded text in your ePortfolio may change in appearance. Depending on the size, and amount of bold text in your ePortfolio, the space required to display the text may have increased, thus changing the layout of your page.
We are also implementing a fix for a bug that results in inconsistent line heights across various typefaces. This fix also has the potential to change the layout of your page. Both fixes will be implemented in two weeks, on October 4. At that time, we recommend checking your ePortfolio pages to determine whether or not they need to be adjusted to account for these changes. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by these changes!
Changes to Digication Help Desk
In the coming week, we will be unveiling a new look for our Help Desk, https://support.digication.com, and will be transitioning it to solely focus on New Digication. For schools still using Classic Digication, we have created a separate Help Desk, which you can find at https://support.digicationclassic.com. We will continue to make updates to https://support.digication.com in the coming weeks to provide you with the most up-to-date documentation possible. Thank you for your patience during our transition period!
Delete Notification Update
To prevent the accidental deletion of content, we have added a warning to the deletion confirmation window for pages, slides and modules that reads:
Please Be Aware: This Action CAN NOT Be Undone
The color-picker in the slide and module settings, as well as the inline styles toolbar, will now contain true-black (#FFFFFF) and true-white (#000000)
We are also pleased to inform you of some minor bug fixes and updates that have have been released:
- The 0 second autoplay speed has been removed from the Gallery settings
- We have fixed a bug that was preventing users from finalizing ePortfolio Upgrades
- The navigation menu has been updated to properly display subpages on the iPad
- We have fixed a bug that was preventing users from deleting templates in the library
- Changing the order of gallery items was causing issues with captions. This has been fixed.
- We have added embed support for Storymaps at https://storymaps.arcgis.com
- We have fixed a bug that prevented users from changing the font size of a quote through the Rich-Text module settings
- The chosen hover-color was not being properly applied to navigation buttons. This has been fixed.
- Subpages in the navigation menu were not displaying properly in Edit mode. This has been fixed.
- We have fixed a bug that prevented users from manually entering hex codes in the color-picker
- We have fixed a bug that was preventing users from searching for individual users in the Sharing search bar.
- We have fixed a bug that resulted in duplicate URLs within a single ePortfolio.
If you have questions or feedback, as always, we encourage you to reach out to our team at email@example.com.
Your friends at Digication