Version: Kora Courses, October 4, 2023 or later
Permissions required: Faculty
To connect your Blackboard Learn course to Digication, first make sure that you are enrolled in the Blackboard Learn course as an instructor. Only an instructor can initiate course connection with Digication.
Add a Digication link to your course navigation
- Go to your course in Blackboard Learn, and click the plus sign (1) on your course navigation. Select “Tool Link” (2).
- Give the link a name (3) and select “Digication” from the dropdown menu (4). Make sure to check “Available to Users” (5) and click “Submit” (6) to save.
Then, click the Digication link to create the course connection to Digication. This link will take you to the dashboard of your Digication course.
New Digication user
If you do not yet have a Digication account, you will see one of two screens, depending on your school’s Blackboard Learn integration settings.
If your school allows your Blackboard Learn integration to create new Digication accounts, you will be logged directly into Digication with your new account, and you will need to accept the terms and conditions to proceed.
If your school has disabled account creation via your LMS integration, you will see the following message: "No user found with sync ID xxxxxx"
- In this case, you will need to contact your school’s administrators to obtain a Digication account.
Existing Digication user
If you already have a Digication account, you will be immediately logged into your account. If your school’s system settings allow it, the integration will create a course that has the same course information as your LMS course, and you will be taken to the home page (1) for your new Digication course.
Assignments in Digication
The Assignments area in Digication is where you can provide instructions, prompts, and templates to your students.
When creating assignments for your students, the recommended workflow is:
- Create Digication assignments in Digication.
- Optionally add a direct link to the Digication assignments in Blackboard Learn.
- Have your students access the Digication assignments and complete and submit their work in Digication.
- You can review student submissions directly in Digication. This grading area allows for grading, outcomes assessments, and comments on student submissions. Grades saved in Digication can be automatically posted in Blackboard Learn.
- Click the “Assignment +” (1) to create a Digication assignment.
- You’ll be taken to the Assignment creation screen (2), where you can add all the details of your assignment.
Options to send grade to Blackboard Learn
- Enable “Send Grade to Blackboard Learn” (1) in the assignment settings.
- A grade column will be created automatically in the Blackboard Learn gradebook when you grade your first submission.
If you would like to create direct links to specific Digication assignments within Blackboard Learn, for more information please see “Advanced features: integration with Blackboard Learn”.
- To grade a Digication assignment, locate the assignment on your Digication dashboard and click “REVIEW SUBMISSIONS” (1).
- You’ll be taken to the first assignment submission. Click “GRADE” (2) to enter a grade. Click “SAVE” (3) to save the grade.
- Once you’ve saved your grade, a HISTORY link will appear. This provides a log of all grading activity for this submission.
Grade sync to Blackboard Learn
If the assignment you are grading has the Blackboard Learn grade sync enabled, your grade should automatically be sent to Blackboard Learn after you save the grade. This may take a few seconds after you save the grade.
- You can confirm that the grade was sent to Blackboard Learn by clicking the HISTORY link (1).
- You can also check the Grade Center (2) in Blackboard Learn to see that the grade has been sent.
Please note that the grade sync is a one-way sync from Digication to Blackboard Learn.
- Any grade changes made and saved on the Digication assignment will be updated in the Blackboard Learn Grade area.
- Any grade changes made in the Blackboard Learn Grades area will not be reflected in Digication.
For more information about making changes to a Digication assignment that is connected to Blackboard Learn and troubleshooting the grade sync connection, please see “Advanced features: integration with Blackboard Learn”.
When you connect your Blackboard Learn course to Digication, all members of your Blackboard course will be imported into Digication. This will enroll all of the students who are in your Blackboard Learn course into your Digication course.
- You can review who is in your Digication course by clicking the People link (1).
- After the initial connection is made, you can perform a manual import to update your roster from Blackboard Learn. To do a manual roster import, click the People link and click “IMPORT ROSTERS” (2).
- Then, you can choose whether you want to “Enroll and drop users according to LMS roster” (3)
- If you enable this option, users will be dropped from the Digication if they are no longer enrolled in the Blackboard Learn course.
- You can also choose to include users who are manually enrolled or self-enrolled on the Digication side.
- Click “SYNC” (4) to manually sync the roster from Blackboard Learn. The import process will begin and show when the sync is completed.
Advanced options for Blackboard Learn integration
There are some additional advanced features available in the Blackboard Learn integration for Kora. These optional features are not necessary for basic Blackboard Learn integration with Digication:
- Create direct links to specific Digication assignments.
- Checking Blackboard Learn connection.
- Editing details of connected Digication assignments.
- Troubleshooting grade sync.
- Blackboard Learn student view.
For more information about advanced options, please see “Advanced features: integration with Blackboard Learn”.