Version: Kora Courses, October 4, 2023, or later
Permissions required: Faculty
To connect your Moodle course to Digication, first make sure that you are enrolled in the Moodle course as an instructor. Only an instructor can initiate course connection with Digication.
Add a Digication link to your course navigation
- Go to your course and enable “Edit mode” (1). Then, go to an existing section in your course or create a new one. Click “+Add an activity or resource” (2).
- Select “External tool” (1).
- Give the link a name (2), and then select Digication (3) in the preconfigured tool dropdown menu.
- Click “Save and return to course” (4).
Then, click the Digication link to create the course connection to Digication. This link will take you to the dashboard of your Digication course.
New Digication user
If you do not yet have a Digication account, you will see one of two screens, depending on your school’s Moodle integration settings.
If your school allows your Moodle integration to create new Digication accounts, you will be logged directly into Digication with your new account, and you will need to accept the terms and conditions to proceed.
If your school has disabled account creation via your LMS integration, you will see the following message: "No user found with sync ID xxxxxx"
- In this case, you will need to contact your school’s administrators to obtain a Digication account.
Existing Digication user
If you already have a Digication account, you will be immediately logged into your account. If your school’s system settings allow it, the integration will create a course that has the same course information as your LMS course, and you will be taken to the home page (1) for your new Digication course.
Assignments in Digication
The Assignments area in Digication is where you can provide instructions, prompts, and templates to your students.
When creating assignments for your students, the recommended workflow is:
- Create Digication assignments in Digication.
- Optionally add a direct link to the Digication assignments in Moodle.
- Have your students access the Digication assignments and complete and submit their work in Digication.
- You can review student submissions directly in Digication. This grading area allows for grading, outcomes assessments, and comments on student submissions. Grades saved in Digication can be automatically posted in Moodle.
- Click the “Assignment +” (1) to create a Digication assignment.
- You’ll be taken to the Assignment creation screen (2), where you can add all the details of your assignment.
Options to send grade to Moodle
- Enable “Send grade to Moodle” (1) in the assignment settings.
- A grade column will be created automatically in the Moodle gradebook when you grade your first submission.
If you would like to create direct links to specific Digication assignments within Moodle, for more information please see “Advanced features: integration with Moodle”.
- To grade a Digication assignment, locate the assignment on your Digication dashboard and click “REVIEW SUBMISSIONS” (1).
- You’ll be taken to the first assignment submission. Click “GRADE” (2) to enter a grade. Click “SAVE” (3) to save the grade.
- Once you’ve saved your grade, a HISTORY link will appear. This provides a log of all grading activity for this submission.
Grade sync to Moodle
If the assignment you are grading has the Moodle grade sync enabled, your grade should automatically be sent to Moodle after you save the grade. This may take a few seconds after you save the grade.
- You can confirm that the grade was sent to Moodle by clicking the HISTORY (1) link.
- You can also check the Grades (2) in Moodle to see that the grade has been sent.
Please note that the grade sync is a one-way sync from Digication to Moodle.
- Any grade changes made and saved on the Digication assignment will be updated in the Moodle Grades area.
- Any grade changes made in the Moodle Grades area will not be reflected in Digication.
For more information about making changes to a Digication assignment that is connected to Moodle and troubleshooting the grade sync connection, please see “Advanced features: integration with Moodle”.
When you connect your Moodle course to Digication, all members of your Moodle course will be imported into Digication. This will enroll all of the students who are in your Moodle course into your Digication course.
- You can review who is in your Digication course by clicking People (1).
- After the initial connection is made, you can perform a manual import to update your roster from Moodle. To do a manual roster import, click People and click “IMPORT ROSTERS” (2).
- Then, you can choose whether you want to “Enroll and drop users according to the LMS roster” (3).
If you enable this option, users will be dropped from the Digication if they are no longer enrolled in the Moodle course.
You can also choose to include users who are manually enrolled or self-enrolled on the Digication side.
- Click “SYNC” (4) to manually sync the roster from Moodle. The import process will begin and show when the sync is completed.
Advanced options for Moodle integration
There are some additional advanced features available in the Moodle integration for Kora. These optional features are not necessary for basic Moodle integration with Digication:
- Create direct links to specific Digication assignments
- Checking Moodle connection
- Editing details of connected Digication assignments
- Troubleshooting grade sync
- Moodle student view
For more information about advanced options, please see “Advanced features: integration with Moodle”.